Welcome to the Fall Professional Education Series!
The 2016 Fall Professional Education Workshops represent topics that are in high demand for Mental Health Professionals, Educators and Nurses. As such, all workshop seats sold out quickly!
Wednesday, November 2, 2016
“Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of Anxiety and OCD in Children & Adolescents: Beyond the Manual”
Presented by : Muniya Khanna, Ph.D., Licensed Clinical Psychologist at the Children’s and Adult Center for OCD.
This workshop will give participants an overview of the empirical evidence supporting CBT for treatment of pediatric anxiety disorders and OCD. The workshop will provide an intermediate-level understanding of the cognitive-behavioral formulation of anxiety, the principles of the treatment components, and the techniques to implement them. Also included will be a discussion on the parents’ role in treatment and strategies to overcome barriers such as low motivation, comorbid conditions, and existing maladaptive patterns (i.e., parent-child conflicts, school refusal).
At the end of this activity, the learner will be able to
- Identify symptoms, risk factors, and maintaining factors of child anxiety and OCD.
- Describe the current empirical evidence on the treatment of child anxiety and OCD.
- Describe the CBT model of child anxiety and OCD.
- Identify intervention strategies that target key factors within the model, including exposure.
- Describe treatment strategies targeting parent factors related to the development and maintenance of child anxiety and OCD and to treatment outcome.
Presenter: Muniya Khanna, Ph.D., is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist at the Children’s and Adult Center for OCD and is Associate Editor of Cognitive and Behavioral Practice Magazine. She was formerly Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Co-Director of the Child and Adolescent OCD,Tic, Trich, and Anxiety Group (the “COTTAGe”) at University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine and is a Co-Investigator, Research Consultant, Department of Behavioral Health, Center for the Management of ADHD at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
This Workshop will be held at the Doylestown Health and Wellness Center Auditorium at 847 Easton RD/ Route 611, Warrington PA 18976, from 8:30AM to 12:00 Noon.