Students from Bensalem H.S.; Bristol- Boro Sr. H.S.; Central Bucks H.S. East; Central Bucks H.S. South; Central Bucks H.S. West; Council Rock North; Council Rock South; Harry S. Truman H.S.; Morrisville H.S.; Neshaminy H.S; New Hope-Solebury H.S.; Palisades H.S.; Pennridge H.S.; Pennsbury H.S.; Quakertown H.S.; William Tennent H.S.
>> View the 2012 Scholarship Winners (PDF)
Doylestown, PA (May 29, 2012) – Foundations Community Partnership has awarded scholarships to 16 Bucks County public high school seniors through its annual Partnership in Education program this month. The Foundations Partnership in Education program recognizes the achievements of local Bucks County public high school seniors for their demonstrated community service, commitment to academic performance, and quality of character. Students are nominated by their guidance counselor or a member of the school’s administration.
Ronald Bernstein, Executive Director of Foundations Community Partnership presented checks for $750 to:
- Christopher Axten at Bensalem High School (attending Embry-Riddle University)
- Kelvin Ortiz-Rodriguez at Bristol-Boro Sr. High School (attending Mercer County Community College)
- Stephanie Metzger at Central Bucks High School East (attending Penn State University)
- Kaitlin Cirulli at Central Bucks High School South (attending North Carolina State University)
- Jaclyn Scott at Central Bucks High School West (attending University of Wisconsin – Madison)
- Julie Ann Waldron at Council Rock High School North (attending West Chester University)
- Kimberly Branigan at Council Rock High School South (attending Messiah College)
- Brianna Hill at Harry S. Truman High School (attending Spelman College)
- Garilynn Martin at Morrisville High School (attending University of Pittsburgh – Johnstown)
- Shauna Miller Stanley at Neshaminy High School (attending West Chester University)
- Lauren Trinh at New Hope-Solebury High School (attending Penn State University)
- Nora Katz at Palisades High School (attending Carleton College)
- Laura Alderfer at Pennridge High School (attending Vanderbilt University)
- Juhi Motiani at Pennsbury High School (attending Drexel University)
- Halle Bagshaw at Quakertown Community High School (attending Duke University)
- Matthew Kelly at William Tennent High School (attending Bucks County Community College)
Many of the recipients of the Foundations Partnership in Education program are also being recognized as a part of their school’s commencement activities or other ceremonies to honor outstanding students. Proceeds of the Partnership in Education award may only be used for educational purposes, including payment of college tuition, books, and related expenses.
“Our Partnership in Education program supports young people in Bucks County in their efforts to gain higher education and develop meaningful and positive roles in our community,” says Bernstein. “Recipients of the Foundations scholarships have been active in community service and we encourage them to continue their good works.”
For more information on the Partnership in Education program please call Foundations Community Partnership at 267-247-5584 or visit www.fcpartnership.org.
Foundations Community Partnership (www.fcpartnership.org) provides grants and technical assistance to non-profit organizations, awards scholarships to Bucks County high school seniors, subsidizes service learning internships for college students, underwrites community education programs and supports behavioral health education and research.